In this module, you learned about Section 508, a law that promotes equal access to information and communication technology (ICT) purchased, developed, maintained or used by federal agencies. You also learned that web content must comply with specific Section 508 requirements.
Now that you’ve finished this module, you should be able to:
- Describe how inaccessible HTML content can cause barriers for users with disabilities.
- Explain how Section 508 requirements are organized.
- List types of disabilities that may cause users to rely on assistive technology (AT) to access web content.
- Identify different types of assistive technology.
- Describe ways to test web content for Section 508 compliance.
- Identify resources that may help you as you test.
If you’re unsure about any of these concepts, please review the appropriate section(s) of this module.
Click Next to start the next module.