Welcome to the Testing HTML for Section 508 Compliance Course for personnel. In this course, you’ll learn about Section 508 requirements for web content. You’ll also find out about assistive technology (AT) used by people with disabilities, and get an overview of the topics covered in the other modules.
The concepts and terms you’ll learn in this module will help you get the most from the course. It’s recommended that you read it thoroughly before you go on to other modules.
What You'll Learn in this Module
This module gives you an overview of Section 508 standards and introduces you to assistive technology.
When you’ve completed this module, you should be able to:
- Describe how inaccessible HTML content can cause barriers for users with disabilities.
- Explain how Section 508 requirements are organized.
- Identify types of assistive technology.
- List disabilities that may make it necessary for people to use assistive technology.
- Describe tools and methods used to test web content for Section 508 compliance.
- Identify resources that may help you as you test.
You’ll need to understand the concepts described in this module before moving on to others.
Select Next to start.